What is FAB?
Riverside Fine Arts Boosters -- "FAB" -- is a non-profit organization that serves all of Riverside High School's Fine Arts disciplines . We are an IRS 501(c)(3) corporation filing under EIN 47-2742124.
Each discipline has its own boosters division within FAB that supports and prioritizes their individual needs.
The main role of FAB is to oversee the functions and expenses required to run a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation -- to the benefit of all discipline boosters divisions. Some main functions and expenses include fundraising, scholarships, accounting, banking, insurance, governance, communications, and more. FAB also helps facilitate interdisciplinary events and enables disciplines to share ideas and resources.
Each discipline boosters division helps contribute to the running of FAB. By having one unified Fine Arts Boosters "support system," FAB serves to minimize administrative costs and maximize every dollar that goes directly to our fine arts students and teachers.
Why Join FAB and Your DISCIPLINE?
- Your membership donation goes to the discipline of your choice -- Art, Band, Choir, Strings (Guitar/Orchestra), or Theatre. If your student is involved in more than one discipline, your membership donation will be divided equally among those disciplines.
- Your membership donation is very much needed to purchase essential items for achieving excellence. It takes thousands of dollars each year to assist Riverside's Fine Arts programs and run our 501(c)(3) corporation. Although our Fine Arts Programs receive some funding from LCPS, it's only a fraction of what is required to provide opportunities for our student-artists.
- You can show your commitment to your student's discipline as well as Riverside Fine Arts.
- You can be "in the know" about all the many efforts to support our exceptional Fine Arts programs, students and teachers.
- You can actively participate and provide input on important decisions, such as budgets and officer elections, and by volunteering your time, talents and ideas. (Please note, active participation is not a membership requirement.)